Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Workshops

I've been busy this past weekend and week. At least so far. Saturday and Sunday I took a Regency Spencer making workshop. I've fallen off the costume wagon and will eventually get my Regency wardrobe together. It will take some time but I'm stoked right now. I have made a short stay, chemise,  reticule, and now I almost have a Spencer. A friend had given me some leftover silk from one of her projects and this workshop came up. Voila! I still have to finish some opening seams, my sleeve treatment and the back treatment. Time to look for or make buttons and bows.


Yesterday, I took a needleturn applique workshop through the Forsyth Piecers and Quilters Guild. I got in at the last minute. The workshop was taught by Mary Sorensen and she was a hoot. Learned a lot and will be working on my sampler piece for awhile. I may have to just hand applique my Halloween Cat piece because at this point in time, I'm not feeling machine applique. There's just something about sitting in a chair and hand stitching.

I won't even say what's on my list for the rest of the week. I will do projects and post later. I've got writing to catch up on, more quilting, and maybe sketching. And I've got to do better than four posts for the month. Eegads!

Have a good day!

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...