Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Friends

Yesterday I met with a friend I haven't talked to in a month of Mondays and more than a few Harvest Moons. We talked for about three hours and it was as if we hadn't had a break in our friendship. We caught up on just about everything. I met Dan O when I first moved south at a writer's meeting and we hit it off. I told him what I was up to, was doing, wanted to do and not once did he say not to do anything. Not once. He offered some suggestions but never said I should do anything. That felt good. That's the kind of friend everyone should have. Someone who will be in your corner no matter what. He liked my drawings and I let him read some of the synopsis of my short stories and he's going to send me some sites where I can send them. Awesome. And he even called me a 'Badass', in a good way. I thanked him. Because I am. I'm also a freaking super nova.

I finally finished one of three sketchbooks that I am to fill up by the end of the year. Something I have to do before I can buy a new sketchbook. And Dan O saw the sketchbook to verify that I had done so. Here's the book that I've had since high school. It's old and wasn't filled up until now.


I've got two more to go. See ya later.

2 comments:

Steven W. Dunn said...

Hi Wendy!

This post is for ALL of your October blog entries so far this month.
Your imagination amazes me! Your creations thus far, sketches and pins, are so imaginative and fun. It's also always inspiring to me as I enjoy the many different mediums that you use.

On another note, I also just recently (sometime during this past year) filled-up a sketch book that my parents had given me when I was in school (I'm 71 years old this month!). It was then that I gave myself permission to move on to another book that I had bought for myself. (We artist can be so silly sometimes, can't we?) I also began to use a wonderful handmade sketchbook that was given to me by a member of a garden club (she's a bookmaker) after presenting a program to her group a couple years ago. The only entries that I enter into it are of gardens and botanical subjects.

Love to you my dear friend. It's October, the month of my birth as well as the month of your creative inspirations.

Steven

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thank you so much Steven. I really needed to hear that. Or read that encouragement. Yes, we artists can be very silly. I like the idea of your special sketchbook for garden things only. I do like going to the gardens and greenhouse at Reynolda.

Love you too and we have got to get together soon. And have a wonderful Birthday and New Year.

Wendy

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...