Saturday, September 9, 2017

I'm Back- Again

When you go for a vacation, even a little one, you need a day or two to get back into the swing of things. A friend took me up north with her this week. Up north meaning the top part of the lower Michigan peninsula. Her dad has a hunter's cabin, so that's where we stayed for three days and three nights. Really cool. Saw deer and foxes. No otter though. We walked... a lot. We saw several lighthouses in the area, went to a couple of museums (one where we looked for fossils), and she took me to Mackinac Island. I'd never been. My friend has been going since she was a kid and loves the place. And now, so do I. We took a carriage ride around part of the island. Had lunch, saw the beautiful old houses that are now inns, a couple of old churches, the park or nature preserve section (the whole island is a State Park), and the fort. So I'm going to show a few pics at a time. Then it's on to Halloween things.

Back of the cabin.


The skies were threatening all the time. It rained every night so we didn't get a chance to catch the Northern Lights.

On the way up north we stopped to get this shot of Lake Huron.


Old Presque Isle Lighthouse.




The bell. Heavier than the Liberty Bell. I made the mistake and rung it. Boy was it loud. My friend Kristi yelled at me because she said it would summon all bad things. Fog. Zombie pirates.


New Presque Isle Lighthouse.



More tomorrow. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...