Wednesday, September 13, 2017

More Pics

I've been busy with a commission and I'm just now back to posting. Sorry about that. I will continue to work on it. But here are some more pics of my mini-vacay up north. Below is one of the inns on Mackinac Island.


St. Anne's is one of the churches on the island. They moved their cemetery to the preserve part of the island because the space on the main strand was needed for tourists.


This is the three horse carriage we took into the preserve part of the island. The whole island is a State Park. The other carriage ride we took had two horses. There are 300 horses on the island and three veterinarians during peak season. Only one doctor for people. So you know where you stand on the island. Horses first.


Circle Rock is a nice draw. In Victorian times they were able to climb onto the top. I can't imagine being a woman in a corset and long skirt doing that. But they did. It's gated off now. Right down in the center is a beach and road that goes all around the island. Eight miles.


I hate taking pics but I had a blast. You can see the top of the rock. It's a good ways down and wouldn't want to give it a try if I could.


Part of the marina looking out to Lake Huron.



There is a fort on the island. Fort Mackinac. Let's see... natives owned it, then French, then American, then British, then Americans again. I think that's the order. Close to it. These guys gave the last rifle demonstration for the year. The man in the front is in everyday regulation uniform and the one in the back is in dress uniform.


This is not on the island but on the coast of Lake Huron. Next to a lighthouse that I can't find where I'd written the name. Very pretty and relaxing.


And here's the lighthouse.


No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...