2018. A new book in my life. Right now, I'm feeling pretty good. I got on the scale this morning and was back down to the weight I had before Halloween. Last year I wanted to lose 10 pounds. Well, I lost 12. That's a way to get a new year started. The beginning and end of last year threw me down a hole of dead fish and I struggled to make sense of things. But there were some nice points last year. Yes, I shall start to write down the nice times and events and personal progress. Last year I:
- Challenged myself to read 39 books and succeeded. I read for fun. My goal for this year is 45 books and include more non-fiction.
- Visited South Haven with a friend. I really like that town and saw a great lighthouse and went sailing on a sloop.
- Got in touch with two young ladies I used to take care of. It was a great reunion. This year we plan on seeing more of each other.
- Reconnected with a costume pal from university. My new partner-in-crime.
- Discovered the town's wonderful library.
- Designed new dolls that I will start creating this year.
- Got into an upcoming doll show in the spring.
- Got a part-time job.
- Went up north with new partner-in-crime, saw more lighthouses and finally visited Mackinac Island. That was fun.
- Made some new friends.
- Saw an old friend from high school.
- Bought myself a new light box for myself for Christmas.
- Wrote 4 new short stories that will be edited this year so I can find an e-zine for publication.
- Got new glasses. I can see!
- Finished NaNoWrimo (National Novel Writing Month) with 50,411 words. I will be participating again this year.
- Made my Halloween costume and wore it to a party. Got 4th place.
- Went to Bewitching Peddlers of Halloween art show with partner-in-crime.
- Went to a teddy bear show with another friend.
- Went to the DIA (Detroit Institute of Arts) with a college friend who is one of my biggest cheerleaders. We sat in the Atrium and drank wine.
I'm sure there were a few other nice things, good things that happened but this year, I will write them down. Let's make that a thing to do in 2018. Let's remember the good things that happen to us and not give the bad things so much space in our heads.
Have a great first day.