Saturday, March 23, 2019

It's Spring, I Think

Yes, the calendar says spring but we got snow yesterday and I lit a fire in the fireplace. Working on some new habits and I'm doing okay. As long as I don't beat myself up for not being perfect. Starting new habits is hard. It's not so much as how many days you do them to get them established but how consistent you are in doing them. I've fallen off the boat a couple of times. I told myself to cut me some slack seeing that I only started Tuesday. This is what I've been up to.

I finished the faces of these two dolls. It's a little different from what I have been painting.


And I started some gourd heads. Never too early to think Halloween. I drew some sketches of gourds and pumpkins last year and added facial features. We'll see what happens.


When I make myself sit down and work with the clay, how it feels, how much water to use, where to put eyes, it feels really good. So I tell myself to do it more, keep doing it. It's so different from cloth. But this is where my creativity is screaming to go next. I'm hanging in there.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...