Thursday, January 20, 2011

Skellie Sketches

All righty then.  Hello, hello, hello.  Well, just when you think that things are going great, you get a bucket of wrenches thrown at you.  I had a great start in January, got sick, and was just getting back in the swing of things when my wireless router went ca put.  I called the Internet provider to see if it wasn't them.  Of course it wasn't.  So I unplugged the wireless router and plugged up the cord from the provider to my laptop.  Things were okay for about 15 minutes and then I lost connection.  Unplugged things again.  Waited.  Got online and then nothing.  So it looks like I may need a new cord/cable which shouldn't break any banks.  Finger's crossed.

The good thing is that I didn't have a massive meltdown.  I told myself it wasn't the end of the world.  It may take a couple of days to get someone to look at what's really going on and to not crawl into a ball and hide under the covers.  I had other things that needed to be tended to.  So the big girl undies were pulled into place and I was off and running.

I did have an eye doctor appointment today.  It's been awhile.  A long while since I'd last been but the sight was getting iffy and I need my sight.  My new doctor is awesome!  Because she was young, she had the latest in optometry hardware.  I didn't even have to get my pupils dilated.  She put in a yellow dye and had a purple lens and a blue lens, along with a bright light to look into my eyeball.  They even had a set-up with a camera that took a pic of the inside of my eyeball.  It was so cool!

My eyes are healthy but my script has changed, significantly, so I do have to spend some money.  But knowing that my sight is A-okay, I'm back in business.


I can't move her back to the center but above is Jolly Regina.  I had a tiny thumbnail sketch of her made a long time ago.  I thought she'd be cute as a pirate and I had been telling myself to make a proper sketch to work by.  Yes, she will end up being a doll.  Just love pirates.  She's a skellie pirate.  More Day of the Dead like I guess.  She may or may not get some funky colors.


One Wreck Bart is her partner in pirate crime.  Stealing ice cream and candy from little old ladies.  They better be careful because some of those ladies have ninja skills.  I have their armatures done.  Now for the felting.  Yes, I'm all over the place with my work but I have the attention span of a gnat.  But that's why you come back.  Right?

I'd like to welcome Eli en Karina.  I didn't make out a blog page.  Hi!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

ugh. Every time I have computer problems I feel just sick to my stomach- isn't that dumb? I mean- it wasn't that long ago that I didn't even use a computer! I hope your problems are an easy fix. Hooray for healthy eyes!! Jolly Regina is fantastic- I can't wait to see her come to life--One Wreck Bart too, but Regina speaks to me :) Have a creative weekend Wendy- and thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog- you are one of my favorite people in blogland ♥

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Hi Kim. So far my computer problems are minor. I can't take the laptop anywhere in my apt anymore because the router blew. Oh well. I get my new specs in about 2 weeks. I will start JR today. Thanks for stopping by.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...