Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Aldo the Alien

All righty then. Back to creative stuff. I will work better to finishing more art and posting more frequently. I'm working on it. I finished a companion to Manfred and Silas. Meet Aldo the Alien. Aliens are welcomed during Halloween too. The trio will have a blast scaring old people and little kids. You know they're going to get into trouble and Aldo is ready to party with his party hat on.

Aldo has a wet felted core and needle felted to add a little length to the egg shaped. I then covered him with this fantastic green color. I felted his eye, putting the black down first, then the white and last his pupil. He had a needle felted stump for a neck so that I could add the collar and stick him into the candle holder. I made his had out of a piece of craft felt and attached a pompom and wired ribbon, that has been gathered and stitched in place, around the edge.

 


I still have to decorate his holder. But he's done. I'm quite pleased.

4 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Aldo is my kind of guy - a little scary and a lot festive! Love him!!

Ascension said...

Me encanta la idea se ve muy divertido.
besitos ascension

Kim said...

I love him too- his eye is fantastic Wendy- and I love your inspiration notes on the bulletin board behind him :)

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thanks Salem Stitcher and Ascension. Glad you like my inspiration notes Kim, I have them all over the place.

Here She Is!

It finally came through. Good grief. I'm supposed to be participating in Inktober and here is my first one. Yep, I'm behind. B...