Friday, March 23, 2012

Pillow Doll Blanks

I was driving myself crazy with all the things I have to do. I stopped and picked one thing that was jamming my creative frequencies and that was the upcoming workshop with kids. I had started making the blanks and I knew I had many more to go. I spent all day yesterday making them.


My trusty machine for heavy duty sewing. I've had it since high school.


Here's a stack waiting to be sewn.


I was going to sew half yesterday and the other half today but wanted them done. I got 20 made and did a count. Along with the four already done, things were good. The bodies are done out of upholstery samples. Up cycling at its best.


I ended up doing another four, so my total is 28. Twenty five kids have signed up, so I'm good to go.

2 comments:

Kim said...

gosh how I wish I was a little kid and taking this class. You should think about selling doll kits on your etsy store- I wonder if that would be worth your time and effort? You always inspire me Wendy ♥

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Wow Kim, that's a great thought. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Here She Is!

It finally came through. Good grief. I'm supposed to be participating in Inktober and here is my first one. Yep, I'm behind. B...