Friday, March 23, 2012

Pillow Doll Blanks

I was driving myself crazy with all the things I have to do. I stopped and picked one thing that was jamming my creative frequencies and that was the upcoming workshop with kids. I had started making the blanks and I knew I had many more to go. I spent all day yesterday making them.


My trusty machine for heavy duty sewing. I've had it since high school.


Here's a stack waiting to be sewn.


I was going to sew half yesterday and the other half today but wanted them done. I got 20 made and did a count. Along with the four already done, things were good. The bodies are done out of upholstery samples. Up cycling at its best.


I ended up doing another four, so my total is 28. Twenty five kids have signed up, so I'm good to go.

2 comments:

Kim said...

gosh how I wish I was a little kid and taking this class. You should think about selling doll kits on your etsy store- I wonder if that would be worth your time and effort? You always inspire me Wendy ♥

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Wow Kim, that's a great thought. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...