Wednesday, June 13, 2012

More Workshop Samples

I had my long creative day yesterday. I put in eleven hours. Helps make up for the slow day on Monday. I did have to run an errand on Monday that, well, I had to go back to the business because of a mistake on my bill. By the time I got back home, I was mentally exhausted and decided to take a break the rest of the day. I try to plan all of my errands on the same day because I know I won't get much done when I get home. I think dealing with the traffic and trying not to get creamed by large trucks is quite stressful.

Anyway, yesterday was good. Got two hand puppets done. I've got to get the samples for kid's classes done. One, so I can teach and get paid; two, so I can get to what I really want to do. Be a mad creative person. Bwahahaha! I am so itching to do some Halloween stuff and pirates. Gotta do some pirates. I also have a small art fair next month and I've got to whip up some items for that.


I make sure that I do something for me during my day. I am bound and determined to get my Hop To It quilt top done this year. I'd like to get one quilt top done this year. Yes, I keep starting them and not finishing them. In a way, I guess it's okay because it's my release valve. It's my fun thing to do that's not doll related. I know it will really help my psyche and ego if I can get it done. It feels good to get things done.

Well, I better go have breakfast and get going. Have a great Wednesday everyone.

4 comments:

Kim said...

These are adorable!!! Love them! I have a quilt I have been working on for over 20 years so I think yours is moving along quickly-lol :) Have a creative day Wendy!!

Wendy Lu said...

Wendy, you are so hardworking all the time! Total admiration for you. The hand puppets are cute - I love the penguin's hat haha.

Oh, the fair sounds excellent. Let me know how that goes - I think art and book fairs are really fun. We're having a book sale at the local library this Saturday that I plan on attending!

By the way, I'm hosting an awesome blogfest and critique giveaway at my blog from June 22-24 that you should totally come participate in if you're interested! :) Hope you have a great day.

~Wendy Lu

The Roarin' Twenties Poetry Blogfest + Chapter Critique Giveaway (hosted by The Red Angel)

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thanks Kim. I've been working on quilts since I moved down here and I've only finished one and that was a wall hanging. One can never have enough quilts or blankets and who knows how this winter is going to be. I really want to get them done and have some peace of mind.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thank you Wendy Lu. Sometimes I don't think I'm working hard enough. Another creative person defect. LOL I'm glad you like the hand puppets. I will remember to hop over to your blog in the next couple of days. Cheers!

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...