Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pictureless Post

As of yesterday, I am now self employed. It was a big decision to make on my part. I know many people think I'm absolutely nuts for doing so but at the end of the day, it's my life and if I don't at least try it now, I will always wonder if I could've done it. I have been miserable at my job for the past several years. Longing to be a full time artist, since I found out that it was something people actually did.

I am terrified. For now I wonder if this was the best decision. But I don't want to be in my rocker on my porch at the age of 90, wondering. So I'm going to suck it up, put my big girl britches on and give it my utmost. This is my life and I will live it well. I do have plans and they will unfold with future posts on this blog. I've also started another blog to document pics of my new wardrobe that will be functional and full of fantasy.

I have had time to straighten my studio (I can now see the floor), and my living room area is now livable. I now have time to create. I should be thrilled but I'm still dealing with the fact that I'm no longer on anyone else's time schedule. I get to make up my own schedule. That is just truly weird. But I'll get over it.

Let my new journey begin.

5 comments:

Steven W. Dunn said...

You go girl!! You can do this!!
Love
Steven

Kim said...

Oh my gosh Wendy, I can't believe today is a day I decided to read some blogs! I am so excited for you!! I think you are really going to have the best year ever and I think you are so brave to live your dream. I wish you lots of luck on your journey, but I know you won't need it--you are so hardworking and talented. Doing a happy dance for you:)

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thank you Steven. I'm going to give it my all. Thanks Kim. I'm waiting for the excitement but I believe it will be a wonderful journey.

Laura C Frazier said...

Yay for you, Wendy! It's weird and wonderful being Self-employed. Enjoy!

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Laura, it is weird and wonderful. I'm still getting used to the fact that I can get up and make things. The creative flood gates have opened.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...