Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Blue Ridge Adventure Part II





 Fog.

 Sometimes when we would come out of fog from around a bend, I'd be waiting to see a headless horseman or some spooky specter. Nothing.















 Things being boarded up for the winter.







 This was a unique picnic area. There was a meandering stream throughout the park and tables were set up around.

 In a couple of spots, there were these stones in the stream so you can cross over to small islands. I did cross here and got wet. Cold but fun.


The water wasn't that deep and I didn't get wet until on my way back. We also saw a small herd of deer. From Asheville, we drove to Blowing Rock and stopped at Kilwins to get caramel apples. Not just any caramel apple, I got a turtle caramel apple with pecans and chocolate. Oh my goodness! I love Blowing Rock too. It's a very nice little town. I love the small shops and eateries. Then we headed to Boone where we had dinner. I love fall and I love the mountains. I really could live in the mountains. We got back home around 8 on the PM and we were beat. But I was invigorated creatively and ready to take on my next artistic challenge.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I want to walk across those stepping stones soooooo bad!

Wendy Luane Barber said...

I was trying very hard not to get wet because it was so cold outside. I don't think the temps got out of the 40s that day. It was damp, foggy, no sun. But I just had to try. It was all good.

Here She Is!

It finally came through. Good grief. I'm supposed to be participating in Inktober and here is my first one. Yep, I'm behind. B...