Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happy October

Here it is, a new month. Unbelievable. Where has the year gone? I guess it doesn't matter because time will march on whether we are on board or not. So I guess I'll have fun this month. Last month was a blur. I had a craft show which was okay. The economy still sucketh. I turned in my doll to the Children's Museum of Winston-Salem and had several workshops with third graders. I took a wonderful soft sculpture workshop and I helped friends at a catering event. I got started working with the costume shop at Old Salem and got the go ahead to work on a project with the Historic Bethania Visitor's Center. And now there's a new month.

I will work harder to post more often. And I really want to do a challenge for myself. 31 Days of Halloween. Or October. It'll be interchangeable. I will paint, sketch, make a doll, or do some sewing project during the month of October. I will tell you about the workshop in stages. Got lots of pics. But for now here is my first day of Halloween. October. You know what I mean.


First page in my new sketchbook that has been hanging around for a long time. They may or may not be turned into something 3D. I don't know. They're kind of cute. More tomorrow. Have an outstanding October.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love them all but really love the one with the pigtails!

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thanks Kim. I don't know what I'm going to do with them. I may make more detailed paintings.

Here She Is!

It finally came through. Good grief. I'm supposed to be participating in Inktober and here is my first one. Yep, I'm behind. B...