Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Doll Day

I forgot that Tuesday was Doll Day. But I worked on doll things yesterday anyway. How clever of me to have subconsciously remember. I worked on my last Gail Wilson doll, making her undergarments, apron, and cap. By now, I just improvised on the directions and won't be aging the clothes. Nope. Not going to do it.


I did dye the fabric for the clothes above, so they do look aged. Seeing that I'm not very good at dyeing (I know my limits), I will have to continue to look for my stash of mohair for her hair. When I cleaned up, I put my mohair in a very safe place. And I can't remember where. So she may be bald for awhile.


The bonnet was interesting to make. The directions called for hand stitching to quilt the brim and it was the end of the day, early evening, and I was pooped. So I quilted it on the sewing machine using a longer stitch. It's cute. Today I will cut out her dress. I have other things to do and I don't know if I'll get a chance to sew it.

#gailwilsondollkit

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...