Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A Painting

I finally got a painting done. I had started it a month ago and made time to finish it. I used Walnut Hollow oil color pencils on a canvas board covered with black gesso.


Here is my initial sketch and the transfer onto the panel.


I like how the colors pop on the black background. I didn't like the texture of the canvas panel. So for the next one, I sanded the panel a little to make it a bit smoother. I will then add on one or more coats of black gesso. Such a wonderful idea I got from another artist friend.


We'll see how this one works out. I have a series of mask kids because I have that many panels. Cheers!

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...