Thursday, May 14, 2015

Miniature Roombox

I've always wanted a dollhouse. I never had the room for one or the money. Through Facebook, I now have a wonderful friend who also likes minis. I was feeling low last year and she surprised me with a roombox. Something to get started with to see if I could handle a full size dollhouse, which I still don't have room for. I am so glad for this roombox because it took some time to figure out how to put it together. And then there was the floor, which I won't show because I messed it up. Why did I mess it up? Because I didn't stop when I got tired. I'm learning that with minis, you don't push it. It's a long term project. So far, I do know what I will do differently with the next roombox or dollhouse.


It is upside down. I've primed the ceiling and walls with gesso. I will paint the ceiling white and the walls will get wallpaper. I will stain the floor because it's a hardwood floor. I was worried about getting stain on the walls but that's why they have baseboards. This room will be a writer's room. I have instructions to make a rope bed. I will make a little quilt for the bed and probably make a couple of rugs. I've seen a typewriter (yes, I'm old school- I actually typed a manuscript on a manual typewriter) that I like and I may have to make a desk because I haven't found one that I like yet.

This is my long term project. I'll work on it when I can. And collect things along the way. I want to do other rooms too. One for an artist, seamstress, and my friend suggested a potter or weaver/spinner/knitter. But first, this one. I hope it won't take too long to post the next step. I do have the wallpaper, wood for the baseboards, a window, a door (they have to be primed and painted too), and stain for the floor.

I'm excited.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...