Thursday, September 22, 2016

Project

My newest batch of voodoo dolls is coming along. They are supposed to go into the Muddy Creek Music Hall for Halloween. It looks like I haven't shown any pics along the way, so I guess I'll do that now. I found some fabric at a local fabric store. I hate it when I find something I like, use it all, go back and they don't have it, go back again and they have it but it's not the same quality. Such is life I suppose. I started by tea dyeing the fabric.


I drew and carved the name of the music hall and made sure I did it right. You know, drawing it backwards on the stamp so that it prints the right way.


The first one. It's a different pattern from my first voodoo doll. So far so good.


I cut out and sewed ten and stamped their chests. Not bad but not great, so I will probably go back and add more detail.


I cut out and sewed ten more for a total of 20 and they are ready to be stuffed.


I also made a britches pattern and sewed up 20 pair. They are tiny.


#voodoodoll #clothdoll #voodooornament

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...