Saturday, August 19, 2017

An Apron

My mother wants two aprons and I got the first one done. I was a simple one and I'm glad I did it because it's easing me back into sewing for myself. I couldn't believe some of the things, small things I forgot to do or look for. But, it's a start. One of those things is to make sure fabric is out of the way that you don't want stitched. Yes, that still happens to me. Next, if you're working with directional fabric, make sure it's cut the right way. I'm sure that will happen again, cutting directional fabric the wrong way. But she'll love. And the most important thing. Thank goodness for seam rippers. I need to buy a few more. You can never have enough of those or pincushions. Or fabric scissors. The ones only for fabric and if anyone else touches them you will put them in thumb screws. Off to the next thing.


No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...