Wednesday, August 30, 2017

New Face and Hair

I'm still working on being more consistent with things. Still. Not giving up though. I got Raggedy Ann and new face and hair.


Below is a trick to do loopy hair I learn a gazillion years ago when I first started dollmaking. I couldn't find my original but I taped together two pieces of cardboard and cut out the center up to about two inches from the other end. I wrapped the yarn around it and stitched down the middle. I'm able to pull the board towards me and the stitched loops backwards in order to wrap more yarn and continue stitching.



The new hair is on the top. Looped and ready to be stitched on her head. I didn't have the same kind of yarn so I used what I had in my stash. More pics coming.


No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...