Saturday, September 8, 2018

Better Late Than Never

I almost have a batch of monster doll pins done. Almost. It seems I get to the end of something and stop. Not a good habit. Maybe I lose my faith, or nerve, or whatever. I tell myself that I'd rather clean the bathroom or do laundry than add hair and hearts to these little darlings. It's amazing how our brain tricks us into doing what we don't want to do and not what really makes our hearts sing.

I did manage to finally get the September front page for my Bullet Journal done. Yeah, yeah, same old thing. A day late and a dollar short. I kind of knew what I wanted to do then scrapped the idea. So I did that wonderful yearly rite of passage. The first day of school. I used oil based color pencils. Walnut Hollow I believe. I do like those pencils and years ago I was getting pretty good with them. Then I stopped. Now it's back to square one. But I shall continue because now I think I have a pretty decent pencil sharpener. One that won't crack the leads or eat up the pencils.


I think I would like to try this drawing again. Add a few more things. Then I drew some pumpkins. I was going to make them jack-o-lanterns but I'll have plenty of time to do them next month. I used Tombow markers on this one and a Tombow brush pen which I truly find amazing. You can get a fine line and with a little pressure, get a wider line. Like using a paint brush. Gonna have to work more with that too. I messed up on both with the lettering. I guess I wasn't paying attention but for right now, I'm pleased with both. Because it's fall. Not technically but for me, fall starts right after Labor Day.


Until next time. Have a nice day.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...