Friday, July 17, 2009

Painting

I read about a man who was painting an angel a day for 100 days right up to the new millennium. I thought that was quite impressive. They were of varying sizes, most being small and I believe he succeeded.

I love to paint. I miss painting. I got my training in watercolor but as I don't have time to do what I'd like to do with that medium right now, I have tried acryllic paints. Which you can use like watercolor. This is another way to stay out of my box. A friend gave me several 9x11 primed canvases and they are calling me. The canvases are large enough for a nice painting yet small enough that the paintings don't have to take a lot of time. Plus, living in an apartment, space is at a premium. So working small for me is great, it's also a bit more intimate.

So I thought to myself that I could get a painting done in a month. The least I could do. My goal is to have 50 done by my 50th birthday. I think I'll give it a shot. Why not? A race against myself. A very nice life goal.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...