Friday, April 29, 2011

Empty Bowls


Empty Bowls is a yearly fundraiser for the Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina. Ever since I moved here, I'd wanted to participate but hadn't until this year. Not only am I helping those in need (especially during these hard times), I helped myself by allowing me to have fun.


I was lucky enough to get a bowl by Richard Montgomery. It's called a Shino bowl. It's a Japanese style and glaze. I love it and have used it for soups.


Once you pay the donation, you get to pick your bowl. One of many made by local clay artists and students. I also bought a $1 bowl made by an elementary student. I've got to take a pic of that. Then you get soup, a variety made by local restaurants, salad, drink, and dessert. I got served by anchor Julie Luck of Fox 8 News. I also got to talk to the mayor Allan Joines again. This is one of the things I like living in a small place, the local celebrities are very involved in their community.

Oh, I had Chicken Tortilla Soup. Didn't get the restaurant name but it was delicious.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...