Friday, April 29, 2011

Oklahoma!


I got free opening night tickets to Oklahoma put on by University of North Carolina School of the Arts. Orchestra seats. One of their alumnus, Terrence Mann, directed. The costumes and sets were based on the original 1943 production.

It was great! I had a lot of fun and couldn't believe I remembered a lot of the tunes. I loved the costumes and I'd really like to practice kicking my leg up like those can-can girls. Okay, maybe not. I don't want to hurt myself. I'm not usually a musical person but I like this one. My favorite Rodgers and Hammerstein production is The King and I. I can't even remember the last time I saw a stage production, and I was a theatre major. Yikes! Maybe this is a sign that things will change. It felt good cleaning up to look presentable in public.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...