Thursday, June 11, 2015

Moving Right Along

I've been working on my Raggedy Ann doll. Her parts have been stuffed and will be ready to paint today. I may even work on some other dolls too. The day is still young. I was invited to a fiber arts guild meeting earlier this week. The meeting changes locations each month and this month was at one of the member's home. Nice place. It was in a part of NC I hadn't been, Sparta. It's very pretty there.


I also finished longarming another quilt top.

 
Last Saturday I went to the local farmer's market. I found beets. I love beets and they were worth every penny spent because I knew they hadn't been treated with a bunch of chemicals. Plus, I'm helping my local economy. I had seen articles on growing new plants from other plants you get and cook with. Like onions, bok choy, celery. So I thought that I would try the beets. I asked the farmer if he had any plants and said it was late and they would have plants closer to fall. That beets can be planted in the fall, covered with hay and they will be ready for harvest in the spring. Nice. But I didn't want to wait so I did this. Cut off the tops, and I do eat the beet tops too, and place this remaining part in a little water. The worse would be for the thing to get slimy, moldy and just die. Or, it could sprout, like what it's doing here in this pic. Amazing. So maybe by fall, I'll have some beets.


No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...