Friday, June 5, 2015

New Doll

I've been seeing on Facebook that Raggedy Ann is 100 this year. I thought I'd do my take on her. I sketched, made a pattern that I liked (the second one is a little larger than the first), cut out the pieces and sewed them together. I plan on stuffing the little thing today and maybe start painting her.


I will also get back to sketching. I've been slacking. I seem to do tiny things and I guess that's okay. Still working on getting over that everything has to be just so to get started. It doesn't. I am working on a five second rule created by Mel Robbins. If you think about something you want to do that will move you forward, within five seconds, do it. Don't think about it because if you don't do it, you won't do it. I've started reading her book Stop Saying You're Fine and of the many empowerment/self help books I've read, this one is different. She gets to that little voice buried deep in your head that tells you that new things are scary and difficult, so don't change. On the surface, it's like, yeah, I can see that but trying to get out of that being stuck is quite difficult. But I will keep working at it because there are many things I want to do, places I want to go and I have to make the conscious effort to get moving.

Another thing I will get to today, finally, is my Halloween Cat. I got the applique part done but have been procrastinating on the embroidery part. I want to get it done, even though I won't have a place to hang it just yet but at least it will be done. Have a good day!

#melrobbins #stopsayingyourefine #raggedyann

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...