Monday, October 12, 2015

Fun!

Being in the studio on the regular can be exciting but it can also be lonely. No one to talk to. No one to bounce ideas around with. Most times I get tucked into a project and when I look up, it's time to go home. Other times it can get to be like watching paint dry. So part of today, I will be making lists of what needs to get done, projects that need to be started and worked on, and things I would like to try.

But yesterday I had fun. I can't remember the last time I actually went out and had fun. I was invited to a Bottling Party at Sutler's Spirits. A legal distillery, the only one in town. They distill run and gin. Well, we bottled 88 cases of gin. It was a blast. We got a brief history on distilling, how Sutler's distills, and how their equipment works. Then we got to work. It was so much fun!


These barrels are full of rum.



On the little stand were the botanicals (lavender, elderberry, and others) used to flavor and make the gin.


Scott, our leader, giving us the run down on how the stills work.


The large still in the front with the round section is for distilling the rum. The one behind it is for distilling the gin.


Me and two other ladies applying labels to the bottles.


Here are the 88 cases we bottled, labeled, and packaged.



And this is what I got for my efforts. The members of the party were nice. There was lots of laughter, good snacks; I had a good time.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...