Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Yee Haw!

Getting settled into the new studio. I've been busy quilting and you can go on over to www.wendybquilts.blogspot.com to see those quilts. I'm still thinking about decorating the place but that may have to wait until after the holidays. You know what? I'm feeling lots better. In most areas. One quilt was giving me the blues, so I took off Saturday afternoon and Sunday to not do anything quilt related. I refused to think about quilts. I watched a series from Australia on Netflix, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, worked on my mitten, and read. I went back into the studio yesterday and finished the unruly quilt. It turned out quite well. But... but, I did something else that I hadn't done in years. I did some sketching on some new zombie Christmas ornaments. It didn't stop there. I made a pattern, got fabric, cut out and sewed five of the little buggers. I stuffed them when I got back to the apartment and will attach heads today.



I can't believe I created something else in the studio that wasn't quilt related. It felt really good to go from sketch to actually putting something together. Usually I just sketch and put them away. Into a sketch purgatory. I should rescue them. So I'm still here. Got a busy day today. Lots of running around. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...