Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Lists

Today is list day. Yes, I'm a lister. I make lists. There was a short period of time when I didn't make lists and I was so confused and got absolutely nothing done. Some people don't need to make lists. I'm not one of them. Even if I don't get to everything on the list, I have something to work from. I have these lists:


  • things to buy for the apartment and studio which I keep in my purse for when I'm out and about
  • one for business quilts
  • one for non-business quilts and quilting projects
  • stories to work on
  • projects to start
  • ideas to promote my longarm business
  • posts to write
Some lists are detailed. Big projects are broken down into smaller steps so that I won't feel overwhelmed and not think that I can get things done. There's a list for the whole month and if I think about it, one for each week. Sometimes I get through them all, sometimes I don't. But when I do feel overwhelmed, I close my eyes and point to something on a list and that's what I work on. Even if it's for only ten minutes.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...