Friday, October 16, 2015

Nice Day Today

I went to the Catawba Quilter's Guild Show today in Hickory, North Carolina. It was really nice. 278 quilts were judged and on display. I saw every quilt but only took a few pics. And went to most of the vendors. I got some fabrics for upcoming projects. Some felted wool fabric and some cottons.



From the quilt show, I went down the hall to the woodworking show (which was free, can't pass up a free event) put on by Klingspor's Woodworking Shop. Years ago, I used to do woodcarving. I really liked it and want to get back to it. I'll have to figure out how and I did find out there was a woodworking club right here in town. I met a lady who had a table there who just wanted to show people what she did which was making her own rubber stamps. I couldn't believe the detail she got in her pieces. She let me try and I made my first rubber stamp using my own drawing. So many ideas are crowding my head.


Is that cool or what?

#quiltshow #fabric #feltedwool #rubberstamp

3 comments:

Judi Hunziker said...

Beautiful fabrics and I love your little pumpkin stamp.

Glenda Hoagland said...

Love the color of the fabrics.

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thank you Judi. I was quite surprised about the stamp and how it came out. Thanks Glenda.

Catching Up

Getting back on the creative wagon. Got some things done, new things designed, bills paid, caught up on emails, found a doll I'd been lo...