Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Hello August!

I was going to do better about posting but life seems to always get in the way. It's summer in the south and still hot. Even though the temperatures have gone down a bit the humidity has not. I have been able to turn off my AC (air conditioning) for the past two days and it would be nice if I could keep it off a bit longer. Not very hopeful about that because it's in the dead of summer now. The heat and moisture and cold breezes that come through are ripe for late afternoon and early evening storms. Rain is needed, so I'm okay with that but the sun dries everything up again. It looks like there's some storm activity in the Atlantic but we probably won't feel anything from it. Oh well, life marches on.



 I saw this  cute little plant at the grocery store. It was inexpensive, I love flowers (fresh), and I wanted something alive and pretty in my apartment. It's a chrysanthemum. And I got another preemie quilt top put together.


I'm back to writing after a few days off. I have one big story and several short stories. I've a lot to do by the end of the year and Halloween is in full swing. I got the first bit of paint on my creepy ornaments. They were supposed to b voodoo dolls but now... I don't know. We'll see.



No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...