Thursday, March 30, 2017

What a Dreary Day

It's been raining, sleeting, and snowing all day. It's cold and grey and well, it's not spring yet no matter what it says on the calendar. Anyhoo, things are moving along. I sketched a few dolls and I like the basic design. I believe I can use that basic design to make different dolls. So happy that I have access to a printer that can enlarge things. Now I will refine the basic drawing and make a final pattern for new doll 1. The other little creepy dolls will be small pins.

I drew the Day of The Dead face directly onto fabric instead of using a stabilizer. This is my third piece of Redwork and it may get some other embroidery stitches. I don't know yet. It may even get some beads. We shall see. The previous two pieces had stabilizer and I didn't use a hoop. I also had a bit of a problem getting the needle through the stabilizer but it held the fabric well enough so I didn't need a hoop. On this new project, I will try it without the hoop. I think the fabric has a good weight to it to allow this to be done. I'm using Kona cotton and Valdani pearl cotton thread.

#redwork #embroidery #valdanipearlcotton #Frixionpen #dayofthedead #dolldesign #halloweendoll

No comments:

Day 2- Creative Challenge

Okay then, it snowed all day. I did get out in the afternoon to move snow out of the way but started to come down hard and within an hour or...