Monday, April 3, 2017

April!

It's April!

A new month. Another start or continuation of the previous month. At this point, I don't know yet. I've been back up north for a little over a month now and I guess I can say I've settled in. I am here for awhile and will deal with it. It's time to put the blankie and bear to the side and get back to work. I'm still learning my way around; I know that will take some time to get used to but I'm glad the weather is getting better.

So... for a new location and month, I've decided to try a new look for the blog. I don't know if I like it or not, but I will give it some time. I love the color of the background.

I'm still working on organizing my work space. It's starting to look like a studio. My studio. I'm trying very hard not to get hung up on not having some things at my disposal that will prevent me from creating. I tell you, moving just takes so much out of you and to get back into the groove of things is difficult. I'd rather sit on a beach. The pic below is of a plastic container full of ribbon and other trims. Yeah. They were separated into shoe box size bins but when I moved, I toss the contents into a box so that I could stack the plastic boxes. When I got to Michigan, I tossed them into this bin so I could break down the cardboard box for recycling. I continue to arrange some of my fabric and needed the container for it, so I finally went through this container and organized my ribbons and trims.

Now they are in their collective boxes, labeled, and everything is nice and neat.


And I also set up my sewing machine. No more excuses. I have a table to sew on, one to do wet things on and one to draw, paint, or finish things on. And I have more room to work with. That will come later. I'm also trying to figure out how to put plans, designs, and posters or paintings on the walls without damaging them. This isn't my place but as an artist, I need some inspiration. Stay tuned.


I have some goals for the month and quite a few deadlines. I never really had any, I just made things but now I want to be a bit more prolific so I've got to have some end dates. I did finish my first draft of a short story four days ahead of time last month, got my second Redwork practice piece done, designed some new work/dolls, and got back to reading. Last year I read about 40 plus novels. This year I want to add in some regular fiction and non-fiction. I've always liked to read and I'm glad I'm rediscovering that. There's so much out there. I also have to catch up on the movie challenge I'm participating in. I'm a bit behind but if I can get my goals met this week, I'll be able to binge watch some movies on Sunday. So I'm off until next time.

Have a grand day!

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...