Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Ugh!

At some point, hopefully, I will get things at full speed ahead. Right now, it's starts, stops, and bumps along the way. I've been having a rough time at getting creative again but hopefully I'm on the right launch pad this time. Here I've started painting the doll head pins that I started a couple of weeks ago. Eegads! They should have been done by now but I'm a big goof. I'm working on changing that, really, I am. I put down the basics with acrylic paint. The eyes and lips. Next I'll go in with color pencil to do a quick makeup job, finishing off with permanent pen.


For the full body pins, I used clothes pins to keep their legs separated while I painted their shoes. For larger dolls I use the toe separators you use when you paint your toenails. Those things hold and separate doll legs quite well. And as you can see, clothes pins work for smaller pieces. You use what you have.


Below you can see better the beginning of their paint job and how the pins are holding their legs.


No comments:

Here She Is!

It finally came through. Good grief. I'm supposed to be participating in Inktober and here is my first one. Yep, I'm behind. B...