Sunday, July 22, 2012

Krankie's Summer Craft Fair

Okay then. I was at the Krankie's Summer Craft Fair yesterday and it was a success. I worked hard and made enough money to pay bills and get some groceries. It's a great start. There was a very good and steady crowd. They were buying. Not lots but they were buying. I will believe that this is a good sign. I'm not going to listen to the goofy people in Washington, or those who do poles because they don't really ask the real people real questions, or any doomsday depressing people. I am excited about the holiday show and will start working towards that. This is just the beginning for me.


I have new ideas for figures. I'm no longer calling them dolls. People have an unusual idea when you say doll. And when you really look at my work, they aren't play things. I will start working on pieces that will be able to go in finer galleries and start working on getting into juried shows. Continue expanding my online presence and get more items on my Etsy shop.

This is a fantastic journey I'm on. I keep getting reminded that I am human and not perfect. But I'm also getting stronger in knowing who I am as a creative individual. I have to create. It is like breathing and this is how I will make a living. One step at a time. One figure at a time. One day at a time. There will be lots of planning and doing this week. Lots swirling around in my head.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...