Thursday, January 10, 2013

First Artist Date

Yesterday was my first Artist Date. I'm back at trying to stay current with the Sketchbook Challenge for the month. I want my date to be on Wednesdays. I went to the Reynolda House Museum of American Art to see the Romare Bearden Odyssey exhibit. I wasn't going to go but I told myself that it was my art date with me. I am so glad I went. The show was wonderful and I felt so inspired to create more art. The watercolors were wonderful. After viewing the exhibit, I went into the main house up to the costume collection and sketched. I did these in between groups of school kids.




Of course I'm thinking dolls for some of these and will have to go back because some of the detail on the gowns needed more time than I had. I tell you, it was fun sketching. I hadn't done it in awhile. I'm still rusty but I hope to rectify that very soon.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...