Sunday, July 28, 2013

Short Stay

I finally got my short stay done.  Finished.  Completed.  Now crossed off the list.  It had been almost a year since I started the thing.  My subconscious kept telling me not to finish it because I had no funds for a gown.  So I didn't do it.  But every time I was cleaning the studio, or looking for something else, or finding room for some other thing, there it was.  And in the way.  I didn't want it to get damaged (all the hard work I'd already done on it) and I didn't want to lose any parts.  So for the past two days I was working on it and got the thing done!  DONE!  I tells ya, done!  And it fits, even after my weight loss.  I tried it on over my chemise and I've got the silhouette of the Regency period down.  This one was from a commercial pattern and I would love to do one from a period pattern.  Later on that one.  But I now am ready for when I have funds for a gown.  My undergarments are now hanging in my closet and I feel loads better.


No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...