Tuesday, July 9, 2013

So far, So good

Not bad for the first part of a new week. 1091 words for Map Hunter II rough draft, been doing some reading, got bloomers on kids, and now, I've done a new painting. I'm with an online art group and they have creative prompts and challenges. I'd been telling myself to do them but... well... you know, life happens.
http://communitythrive.com/

This pic is on a canvas panel in acrylic paint with gloss medium. That's why is so shiny. The challenge was to use your non-dominant hand to do your piece. I used a brand new palette knife, which was fun to do. And it was a challenge. I felt like I had a monsters hand sewn onto my body. Trying to get my right hand to work like my left was crazy. So many jerky movements. The right hand was truly possessed but I made myself slow down and think about what I wanted to do. I had an idea in mind and I worked towards that. I would like to do it again.


No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...