Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hello July

A new day, a new month, and a new year for me.  I had fun celebrating my birthday this past weekend.  I was kidnapped again by two friends and a baby.  We went to botanical gardens in Greensboro, and did wine tasting at three vineyards.  The baby got a taste through mom's milk.  We had a small lunch, the weather held out and it was great.  That was Friday.  On Saturday, Maya took me to some towns south of where I live.  Lots of history; saw where Cornwallis' men were buried, part of Daniel Boone's trail, saw the beautiful cemetery where his parents are buried, saw a cemetery for war dead with dates going back to the Revolutionary War.  And the architecture, so wonderful.  Many Victorian homes.  Will have to go back and get some serious photos.  Also learned that President Andrew Jackson got his law degree and passed the Bar Exam here in this state before he went off to do other things and became president.  On Sunday, I recovered by watching Captain America (which I hadn't seen) and The Avengers (which I had seen).  I liked both.









I am going to take a different approach to my life this new year.  I will make a separate post for that.  The past year has been okay.  Not great, not horrid... okay.  I want more than okay.  It's time to ramp things up again and make this continuing journey a bit more interesting.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...