Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Swap Dolls

ADA (Art Doll Artists) recently had a doll swap.  A swap is when artists sign up for whatever the theme of the swap is, and they are paired with another artist to swap the piece they've made.  It's a great way of acquiring work by doll artists you really like.  This is my third time participating and I'm starting to get the hang of it.  First thing, start early.  It's good working with a deadline and I'm looking forward to the next one for the group, which is in October for a Halloween ornament swap.


This is the doll I finished for my partner.  She is a Moli Doll ready to celebrate for the Day of the Dead.  I love her stripe legs and I knitted her vest.



This is the doll I received from Mary Sanders Lazenby of Blue Goose Studios.  Her name is Maria Tasseltop and she is wonderful.  She's a big doll (almost 23") and I'm still looking for a great spot for her.


No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...