Friday, March 25, 2016

Comfort Zone

I have slid into a comfort zone and I'm having a hard time getting out of it. Back in February, I wanted to have a project done a week. I did it. I was working on some old things and started some new things but I got four projects done. This month, not so great. My subconscious was telling me to knock it off. That things were getting a little uncomfortable. That's what change is. Uncomfortable. So I did nothing. Why rock the boat? Why have people look at me and question why I decided to do new things. Yes, it sounds stupid but I've found out that it goes all the way back to being a kid. I wasn't challenged to be great with my art. So I did just enough to make good grades. I didn't rock the boat. I didn't push my artwork because I was told it wouldn't get me anywhere. That art wasn't a viable career. So I coasted and fell into a comfort zone. That has plagued me until this day.

I am not done yet. I don't have a time machine to take me back to talk to my younger self. To say that I'm okay and so is my artwork. And there are wonderful occupations out there to do if I take that leap. Sometimes I think that I'm too old to start anything new but that's just not the case these days. I have so many wild, crazy, and creative ideas swirling around in my head. Will all of them work? Maybe not but if I don't work on them, I'll never know. Now that I do know where this psychosis comes from, it's time to do something about it. Have successes every month instead of every other month or every six months. Work on dealing with the fear. The worry that things won't turn out. Neither one gets you anywhere. And I'm tired of being held back.

I will start on my new projects this weekend. Do two minutes to see how things go. I'm usually good once I get started. I'm starting to shake already. We'll see.


No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...