Thursday, March 17, 2016

Grateful

I'm so grateful I live in an area that boasts many things to do. I went to a free gelli print demo at Enchanted Cottage yesterday. Very cool. But I had to hold back. I can't do everything, even though I'd like to. I really like the Copic markers and will save up for more of those. I will be going to the local art museum soon to see an Ansel Adams exhibit. There's a small fee for that one but that's okay. I'm planning on not missing that.

My quilt guild's guest quilter was Judy Lilly. Oh my! What a wonderful lady and quilter. She does landscape quilts that look like paintings. Some of her pieces were painted and then stitched. Truly amazing. I didn't attend her workshop but I was able to ask her questions and she was kind enough to answer them. She said that she could see the wheels turning in my head. I had to laugh. These are the best pics.


Close up of pic below.







This one, the flowers were painted and then stitched around. Judy told me what paint she used, Pro Fab fabric paint from Pro Chemical Company. I will have to check them out.



I liked her story. She started out as a painter and also was a quilter. She was looking at a painting she had begun, then all the fabric that she had and wondered why she didn't make a painting with the fabric. She said she never finished that painting. Wow! And she's very prolific. She said it can take from one month up to three to do a quilt. And they are wall hanging size.  http://www.judylillyartquilts.com/

#artquilt #landscapequilt #judylilly

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...