Sunday, March 20, 2016

Moving Right Along

At the beginning of the year, I said that I was going to make this my year. The past few years hadn't been great and I'm looking for a change. It's still early on and I will continue to work on it being my year. I'm not a fortune teller and have no idea of what will truly happen but I will work towards something very nice. I deserve that. I have quite a few friends on Facebook who are having an awfully hard time with this year and they want it over already. My hearts and prayers go out to them. It's been a strange year so far. Illnesses, deaths (in family and not), separations and divorces, those losing jobs, having cross country moves... I can't wrap my head around it and I don't know if I should try. Last week was a bump in the road. The change of seasons and the weird weather, the time change, and allergies. Those things kind of knocked me down and the doubts tried to set in. So for three days, I did nothing. I'm grateful that I could do nothing. I watched the spring sunlight change in my apartment. I straightened my apartment and work area. And I got rest. Now my head is clearer and I can move forward.

I've decided that I would not give up on some 'way out there' dreams. Like my trip to Scotland that I've wanted to do for over 30 years. My friend I was planning on taking the adventure with has decided that she can't think about it until her living and job situation changes. I get that. I truly understand. But I thought about it. If I give up my dreams, whether they happen or not, I've given up on a part of me. That dream may be the one thing to keep me going through all the other daily muck that happens. This dream may take several more years to accomplish but it's still there in my heart. The one bright beacon I can focus on. So I will tell her that I will dream for the both of us until she is ready to join in again. I know I will start guarding my time a bit more. Saying no a bit more often. Concentrating on what I want to do and where I want to go with it. I get one chance at this life. I will fight to make the best of it.

Here are my latest sketches of bears. I will do more this week.


No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...