Saturday, June 4, 2016

Woo hoo!

What do you do when you wake up early on a Saturday morning and can't go back to sleep? Get your day going of course. Since today is supposed to be a scorcher in these parts, I thought I'd get started so I can be home when then sun really decides to make its presence. Along with his pal, humidity. We have slid past spring and landed right into summer. Even though I was born in the summer, I am not a summer person. I don't mind 80 degrees, even 90 as long as there is no humidity. Ha! Not happening. And, it's hurricane season. So, there ya go.

Got a few groceries. Wanted pasta with pesto, mushrooms, and sliced tomatoes. Then I headed to JoAnn Fabrics to get backing fabric for one of my mom's scrappy quilts, bias tape for the latest batch of mug rugs, and some patterns. My mom has been clearing out her fabric stash and sends it to me. I have fabric to make two pairs of Capri type pants and two tank tops. Because it's hot, humid, and icky, you go through more clothes. She even washed the fabric for me. Gotta love that. Then it was on to The Vitamin Shoppe to pick up some things for the body, The Dollar Tree (didn't have all that I needed, that's okay), and finally AC Moore. They were giving me bonus points in their program. I tell you, a ten dollar coupon at the beginning of each year is really nice to get in the mail. All before 11:00 AM.


The patterns were on sale 3 for $5. I picked up the hat pattern just because. Hey, Halloween is coming up. Be back later!

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...