Thursday, February 12, 2009

Over Thinking

Part of being Princess of Procrastination is to 'over think'. To think about everything creative so much that nothing gets done. Do I have enough supplies? Do I have enough time? Will the process work out? Will I get interrupted?

Or...

I get started and what has to be done becomes quite overwhelming. Will the project get done? What if I get stuck at putting arms on? How am I going to make the boots? Do I have the right material for hair? One question after the other. One doubt piling on top of another. Soon I'm in the pit of doom with no way out and things get put off 'til tomorrow. Then the same thing happens tomorrow and the next day and so on and so on. You get the picture. So do I.

My remedy is to just do a little at a time. Take baby steps. For one project, I break it down into steps. There could be three or twenty three. I put one on the daily list and work on it for 10 minutes. If things start to flow, I keep going. If not, I work on something else, for 10 minutes. Baby steps. A little bit at a time, everyday, gets me closer to a finished project than worrying or over thinking about it and not getting it done at all. Just do it. Pick it up and look at it. 10 minutes working on whatever is in my hands.

I guess I better get going.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...