Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Plan or Two

I always have a plan. Or two or three. Before I moved to another state, I was on plan #35. It is also good to know when a plan isn't working and move on to the next plan. Plans can get you out of a tough spot, out of debt, into a new apartment or home, onto a plane for a vacation, get a higher degree or just plain live a better and happier life.

There is a problem of planning too much. The fear of change or success or failure or two of the about or all of the above. One has to deal with these by first acknowledging that they exist in your world. Then using baby steps, those fears can be dealt with. It will take time but change can happen if you want it.

You can plan until the sun goes nova, which isn't good. Once a plan is in place, it's time to get down to business. It really boils down to how bad you want - whatever and how hard are you willing to work to get it?

For most of us, nothing great happens overnight. If the passion is there, we can make it happen. Baby steps. We didn't learn how to run right out of mom. There was the rolling over, push ups, rocking back and forth, sitting unattended, pulling up, standing alone, the wonderful yet scary and exhilarating first step, falling down, pulling up to try it again, one step in front of the other, the walk, the run and mobility. Freedom.

Life is not an overnight thing. I do have to remember to cut myself some slack as I work my plans. I now reward myself when part of the plan has been achieve, and most definitely a reward when the whole project is complete. Because I'm working hard and I deserve it. Job well done.

No comments:

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...