I saw a doll by a lady last year and she told me this process of using foil as an armature. I filed it in my head. I'm surprised I was able to dig it out but here are three armatures. These will be able to hang on the wall and will be for the film.
They are wrapped with strips of two old nightgowns that had seen better nights. Stretchy, t-shirt fabric, I cut into strips and saved because I had filed this idea in my head. And I need the container the strips are in, so what a better time to get these guys done.
They will be sort of tribal types. A neighbor, before he moved, gave me some beads. Very nice guy and I will use some of them on these pieces.
At first, all of them had legs. Well, that didn't last long and only one has legs. At first I thought the foil wouldn't work. Dollar Store foil. I got the three dolls out of a 25 ft roll. But once they're wrapped, they're very solid.
Of course this will be the male version. I have fabric picked for all three. Will work more on them tomorrow but Meredith was expecting an update. For the next two weeks I will finish up the dolls for the film. It's been a very big project, over a year in the making and I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to do this. But I've got another big project coming up and need to have a clean slate. Onward and upward.