Tuesday, May 25, 2010

UFP: Sage

I had started Sage many, many moons ago. It was when I was trying out polymer clay. I did these funny old faces and this was one that I liked, so for that reason, I kept it. I still need more paint detail on her face, but I'll wait until she's got hair and is dressed.

I like her size. About 8.5 inches. I do have to work on hands. I was getting pretty good at them but I guess if you don't keep up with it, the skill goes away. She is a stump doll and guess what? Her base is already painted. I've got the fabrics for her clothes picked out and ready to go. I believe I've got some mohair left hiding somewhere.

I put a mole on because I thought she would be a witch. She informed me otherwise but still got the mole. She will also get a staff and medicine bag necklace.

I like her face a lot. I can see why I don't do polymer more often. You need patience, which most of the time I struggle with. Plus the baking and the mooning and worrying because I don't know if I cooked it long enough. I do like the skin tone look of it though. Maybe I'll give it another try after the Expo.



Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...