Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Foil Madonna

This is another foil doll. I'm really liking this process and I can use all my scraps to wrap it with. I took a t-shirt quilt class on Sat and I'm using the backs of the t-shirts for this project. Just cut the remaining pieces into strips and I'm ready. You can see how tall it is, Cassa is 8".

I will make her face, hands, and feet out of fabric. The baby will be out of foil too. Their faces will be stylized and I have wonderful blue print fabric for her. Haven't figured out how I will represent the halo. This piece is for the film. Ha! You can see Sage peeking from behind the paper.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wendy- maybe I need to come spend some time with you. My muse has left me completely- most of the time lately I am in the garden pulling weeds- not much else! Each time you post these foil dolls I feel the pull to make one. I can't wait to see how this one turns out!

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Kim,
That would be great. I'd love to show you NC and all my stuff. I do have a lot of stuff. We could talk ideas and just be creative. I do love hearing about your garden though. There's something about being in the dirt.

You can line up your projects for when you can't get out next winter. I've got a winter list started. Can you believe that? Thanks for stopping by and being so supportive.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...