Monday, February 28, 2011

2 Postcards

A couple of weeks ago I joined the International Union of Mail Artists. So far I have received two postcards and I made two. One is going to a local friend and the other is going to a new friend in France. On the site, you make friends and send them postcards that you've made and they send you ones that they've made. I know, I know, I really need something else to do. But you know me!!!


Here is my initial setup. I had no idea what to do, or what I was supposed to do but I went in full steam ahead. One of the cards is part of a cereal box that was eventually painted over. It's a nice weight for a postcard.


This card has faeries that I've drawn and painted. Have you spotted the faerie bum? The flowers were from a magazine, I then cut them up and rearranged them. A perfect playground for faeries.


This is my favorite so far. The sun is out of decorative paper (a check), with painted rays. The little girl is drawn and painted with watercolor pencils. The grass and flowers were canabalized from a facial tissue box.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I adore the last one the most too- although I love them both. I love that you used your drawings with the magazine pages- these are so darn cute Wendy!!!

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Thanks again Kim. I didn't know what to do when I joined this group. I'm learning things as I go along. I've got 3 cards to get out this week. 2 will be made by me.

Whoa!

 Okay, wow, geesh!  This year, this crazy year is going by so fast. A lot of stuff have been happening and I'm treading water. I'm h...