Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A New Month!

Yep, a new one.  Another chance to do something cool, great, sincere, funny, goofy, you name it.  Catch up is the theme for the month.  Right now I'm a little goofy because we've dodged the snow rocket.  But I've got to get going.  Working on finishing dolls to make their way to the Outer Banks and possibly a new shop.


These are the first two of my Seaside Wandi Dolls.  They will have sailor type dresses on and hats.  Yeah, sure.  Okay, I do believe I will pull these guys together in a day and a half.  I ransacked what fabric I have left and would you believe I don't have any white?  White!  Fabric!  A basic color.  I so need to go shopping for everything.  Anyway, I have other Seaside gals in mind.


My chorus line consists of Spring Wandi Dolls ( the two on the left and the far right) and two Valentine Wandi Dolls.  I wasn't going to do anything Valentine like but I had the fabric, so what-the-heck.  The doll with the black legs is going to be a Spring Goth Wandi.  I'm looking for new hair.  What I had been using doesn't want to be found anymore.  It has become my big quest.


I really don't need any new projects but that's what us creative types do, have a couple hundred projects going at the same time.  I do believe I'm in good company.  I've learned how to quilt, only to do applique, which I just love doing.  This is the first block in one of those block-of-the-month quilts.  I know, I know, my mind has been kidnapped by aliens from some distant nebula.  I still can't remember how I got roped into doing this project.  My instructor is very good.  I've changed some of the colors from the original and my teachers project.  That's just me.  I'll see if I can get that pic up too.  I do have my bias strips made for the stems.  The quilt is called Hop To It.  There is a bunny involved.

I will post my list for February within the next couple of days.  At the end, we can see how close I get to marking everything off.  Creative Mojo Man and the Wendy's are falling over laughing.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I LOVE to applique too- even more so if it's hand sewing. I don't like the quilting part :( The new girls look great so far- I can't wait to see the valentine dolls! Don't you think Mojo Man and The Wendy's are being a bit rude??!! Don't those Wendy's know you know how to use a seam ripper- lol :)

Becky G said...

Group think... that's part of what goes into "doing another one" syndrome: here are some of my thoughts: "ooo this looks like fun, and it will be fast & easy & ain't it cute, and look who I get to do this with and what a wonderful teacher...." yep I'm on the Hop 2 It bandwagon, but only got fabrics yesterday... chop chop!

Here She Is!

It finally came through. Good grief. I'm supposed to be participating in Inktober and here is my first one. Yep, I'm behind. B...